Our Update Regarding COVID-19
March 20, 2020
We value the health and safety of our employees and customers more than anything. In response to the fluid situation we are dealing with, we thought it would be helpful to let you know the numerous choices our buyers and sellers have when it comes time to sign their closing documents.
Prior to Closing: Our escrow teams will email PDF copies of your closing documents prior to signing and closing for your review. We strongly encourage you to review your papers ahead of time and to ask questions prior to your closing. This will greatly reduce the time spent signing your papers. Questions are always welcomed during signing but the more that can be reviewed ahead of time, the less time you will have to spend in the signing. We will also have you sign as many documents as possible via Dotloop, for which you will only need an email address and an internet connection (or your smartphone)
Cash Buyers: Cash buyers can sign entirely remotely: There are not any documents that need notarized, we do not need originals, and the number of documents requiring signature is very small. We can email them to you via Dotloop, and you can sign and return electronically from your home or phone as long as you have an email address. Funds are required by the State of Ohio to be wired in any event, so there’s no change there. In person signings will still be available for those that require them.
Traditional In-Person Closings for Sellers and Buyers/Borrowers:
All buyers, sellers and borrowers can sign the traditional way by either coming to a closing room at any of our offices or by having one of our mobile closers come to you. For anyone signing at one of our offices or with a notary the following procedures are in place:
- Notaries and any other staff that do not feel well will not do closings.
- The number of people in the room will be limited to the minimum needed to complete the closing.
- All parties will follow proper distancing as appropriate.
- Customers will take the pen with them after signing.
- Notaries will not shake hands and will wash hands and use proper cleaning procedures on all surfaces before and after a closing.
Non-Traditional Options Available for Sellers and Buyers/Borrowers:
- Conference Room Closings with Notary Observing: You can email us a copy of your ID prior to signing (we can supply you with a secure link), or we can verify your ID upon arrival. If you have reviewed the papers that were emailed to you by our escrow team, you will be ready to sign your papers while our signer watches from outside the conference room or through a conference room window. Our signer will be available to answer questions as you go through your papers, or you can call your escrow officer. When complete, our notary will review the package for any mistakes and you can be on your way.
- Outside of Office Closings with Notary Observing: You can email us a copy of your ID prior to signing (we can supply you with a secure link), or we can make a copy of it when our signer arrives. Because you’re already reviewed your papers, you will be ready to sign your papers while our notary watches from another room or through a window. Our notary, or our escrow officer remotely, will be available to answer questions as you go through your signing. Our notary will then review the package for any mistakes and notarize your signatures in a separate room or their vehicle.
- Parking Lot Closings: All our offices have convenient parking. You can email us a copy of your ID or we will make a copy when you arrive. Call us when you are ready and our notary will come out to you. Because you reviewed your documents prior to arriving, you will be ready to sign your papers while our notary watches from outside your car. Our notary or your escrow officer is available to answer questions as you go through your papers. When you’re done, our notary will review the package for mistakes and notarize your signatures back in our office.
- Outdoor Closings: It’s Northeast Ohio so this will be dependent on the weather. But if it cooperates, we can meet anywhere outside that is dry enough and free from the wind. All the same conditions as above will apply.
These are unprecedented times and we don’t know what new conditions we will have to deal with. But we’ll get through them together! We will continue to make whatever adjustments are necessary to ensure the health, safety, and confidence employees and customers.
We will continue to provide you with helpful information on a regular basis, so stay tuned!
Title Professionals Group has a terrific group of customer-focused professionals to ensure that your transactions proceed as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
We have dedicated and very experienced commercial escrow officers to handle any commercial, industrial or other extraordinary transactions necessary.
We don’t just issue title insurance and perform closings. We strive to cater to any customer’s needs in the realm of title information and services, including judicial reports and equity products.